The Production Supervisor is responsible for managing and directing production, and General Operations for the Oceanside production facility for MagnaFlow.
The Supervisors primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Ensuring the proper movement of material in accordance with the muffler schedule, while meeting the hourly, daily, and weekly production output targets for the department.
• Ensuring internal and external customer needs are met by producing mufflers which meet quality specifications and customer (internal and external) expectations.
• Utilizing the company resources including machinery, tooling, and human resources to meet the schedule.
• Ensuring that all material entering and exiting the mufflers area are properly identified and accounted for in IFS system in accordance with ISO procedure.
• Assisting in continuous process improvement, 5S, Kaizen events, and training and safety programs. Meet or exceed all targets related to safety, quality & productivity
• Assuring the safety of the crew by enforcing proper PPE use throughout the department.
• Setting up, instructing, and maintaining efficient workflow.
• Checking and inspecting work of crew by conducting continuous audits.
• Ensuring proper training of employees in job duties and functions, utilizing Training Database..
• Ensureing that 100% housekeeping is maintained by the use of 5S (Proactive Approach)
• Printing out all the drawings according to schedule
• Filling out shop Routers for each component
• Ordering materials according to pick list
• Tag baskets with correct WIP
• Report all produced parts after QC inspection
• Issue all the material to the shop order
• Print schedule every day and communicate priorities with crew and planner
• Communicate with engineers any issues with parts (pipe, flanges, fixtures).
• Make sure your team keeps areas clean and free of unnecessary items.
• Report any damages with fixtures and tooling.
• Order any tools or cleaning supplies needed for the department
• Recommending measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
• Ability to lead a working crew without constant supervision
• Ability to follow, understand and carryout directions both verbal and written
• Must be able to properly communicate with crew
• Ability to Multi-task
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to work extended hours as necessary by demand
• Basic Mathematics
• Ability to read drawings
• Basic computer skills
• Basic Leadership training
• Ability to use measuring devices (caliper, tape measure, etc..)
Must be able to sit and stand intermittently, use a keyboard, climb stairs occasionally, and lift up to 25 pounds with or without accommodations.
Diesel Exhaust Systems
Universal Pipes Gas / Diesel
American V-Twin Exhaust Systems
Manifold Catalytic Converters
Events | Calendar
Where To Buy
Find a Distributor